WHAT IS WHEEL WELL?
Wheel Well aims to be an energetic and highly-capable advocate for Children’s Road Safety in South Africa. We aim to be highly visible and audible to our various audiences in the course of our campaigns and activities.
Read More >>
Wheel Well has 3 main campaigns, each tackling a specific need when it comes to increasing road safety for children.
On a difficult journey such as this, there are many memorable moments. Every bit of funding that comes in, all the seats donated, all the very special children and their families, over 10’000 thus far, and all those precious moments that we experience are all very special milestones on our journey.
Read More >>
More about wheel well
For Impact – not for Profit.
- We aim to make people aware of the critical issues.
- We aim to vigorously promote educational initiatives.
- We aim to strengthen legal protections as they pertain to Children’s Road Safety.
Our projects for children as pedestrians are all designed to have multiple benefits for children. Not just road safety, but safety in general, education, literacy as well as leadership skills. Children have a very specific profile in traffic and we must always keep that top most in mind when we are looking for solutions.
Activism is one of the vital pillars in our approach to road safety for children. We keep up the pressure towards changes in legislation, improving statistics and post crash care that will benefit our children.
All our activities are carried out with cast-iron integrity whilst maintaining complete transparency at all times.
Founder & CEO
Car Seat Expert
Cleaning & Spares
On a difficult journey such as this, there are many memorable moments. Every bit of funding that comes in, all the seats donated, all the very special children and their families, over 10’000 thus far, and all those precious moments that we experience are all very special milestones on our journey. That being said, there are a few achievements that stand out.
- Gumtree Women in Autos Award for extraordinary contribution to the automotive industry – August 2018
- Our first international funding from GlobalGiving in partnership with Ford Motor Company Fund in July 2018
- First handout of Halo Beanies in our Glow Kids Glow child pedestrian project in April 2018
- Proud winner of the Prince Michael International Road Safety Award 2016 – Safer Road User category
- Over 10 ‘000 children in car seats through the Car Seats for Kids Campaign.
- Besafe Izi UP HC for disabled children
- Amendment 22 to the National Road Traffic Act that makes car seats compulsory for children under 3.
- Growing from a campaign into a fully-fledged Not-for-Profit company that is making huge strides for children in Road Safety
It is of vital importance that Wheel Well continue to serve our children in road safety. Our work and repository of expertise belong to the people of South Africa in the interest of our children and future drivers. Funding received will be used to further education and awareness on the vulnerability of children in traffic as well as secure our future, succession, and sustainability by applying sound financial, marketing and business practices.